User Guide to Spotting a Phishing Scam – An Independent User ContributionMay 30, 2016
Identity Guard Membership Benefits GuideNovember 25, 2016
What to do if you’re a victim of ID Theft?
- Report the identity theft incident to the South African Police Services (SAPS)
- Obtain a Police case number.
- Contact the South African Fraud Prevention Services (SAFPS) and report the incident to them.
- Report all fraudulent activities to the main Credit Bureaus via phone and follow-up emails.
- Contact all institutions / credit providers with fraudulent activity by phone and in writing.
- Send follow-up letters and emails to the Credit Bureaus detailing the status of resolution with the Institutions and Creditor Providers.
- Repeat the above steps if they steal your Identity again in the future!
What to do if you’re a victim of ID Theft and an Identity Guard Member?
- Report the Identity theft incident to the local authorities / South African Police Services (SAPS) and obtain a Police Case number.
- Contact Identity Guard and we will resolve the rest for you now and in the future!